Muscadine Graps have been studied for their potential health benefits, particularly for their effects on heart health. Here are a few ways that muscadine grapes may help support heart health:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Muscadine grapes contain a variety of polyphenols, including resveratrol, ellagic acid, and quercetin, which have anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is thought to contribute to the development of many chronic diseases, including heart disease.
- Antioxidant effects: Muscadine grapes are also rich in antioxidants, which help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of many chronic diseases, including heart disease.
- Blood pressure: Studies suggest that muscadine grapes may help to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure is a risk factor for heart disease, so lowering blood pressure can be beneficial for heart health.
- Cholesterol: Muscadine grapes may also help to improve cholesterol levels. They contain compounds that can help to lower LDL cholesterol (often referred to as “bad” cholesterol) and increase HDL cholesterol (often referred to as “good” cholesterol).
Overall, the polyphenols, antioxidants, and other compounds found in muscadine grapes may help to protect the heart by reducing inflammation, preventing damage from free radicals, lowering blood pressure, and improving cholesterol levels. However, more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits of muscadine grapes for heart health.
Muscadine Health Boost
The results of a recent study conducted at Harvard University suggest that people who were given resveratrol were healthier, had lower body fat percentages, and lived up to 30 percent longer than those who did not receive the supplement. The only diet that has been demonstrated to increase lifespan is calorie restriction, and researchers assume that resveratrol stimulates the same genetic longevity pathways as calorie restriction does.
The southeastern United States is the original home of the muscadine grape. Their distinct flavor and the possibility of positive health effects have contributed to their rising appeal. Muscadine grapes have many positive effects on health.
- High in antioxidants: Muscadine grapes are rich in antioxidants, particularly a type called resveratrol, which has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, and other health problems.
- Heart health: The high levels of antioxidants in muscadine grapes can help protect the heart from damage and improve overall heart health.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Muscadine grapes have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body, which is linked to many chronic diseases.
- Boosts immune system: Muscadine grapes contain vitamins and minerals that help boost the immune system, making it easier to fight off infections and diseases.
- Good for skin: The antioxidants in muscadine grapes can help protect the skin from damage and may improve its overall health and appearance.
In addition, the seeds of muscadine grapes are the unique source of resveratrol among all grape varieties. The skin of other varieties of grapes also contains this antioxidant. This antioxidant has been linked to a variety of health benefits, including decreased risk of chronic diseases, enhanced cognitive performance, enhanced skin and digestive health, and protection against some malignancies.
Similarly, grape-seed supplements can be purchased from stores now. However, in order to reap the full benefits of antioxidants, you need to use muscadine-based supplements. Contact us today at Muscadine Naturals to start your journey to a healthier lifestyle!